- 8 year/150,000 miles Engine Warranty with Castrol GTX
- 10 year/250,000 miles Engine Warranty with Castrol GTX High Mileage or Castrol Synthetic Blends
- 15 year/350,000 miles Engine Warranty with Castrol SYNTEC
- 15 year/ 500,000 miles Engine Warranty with Castrol Edge
BP Lubricants USA Inc. makes the following limited warranty to you, the vehicle owner. Subject to the terms and conditions herein it agrees to repair or replace, at its option and expense, the engine parts listed in the coverage section that fail or experience abnormal wear due to the failure of Castrol motor oil to provide proper lubrication to your vehicle.
This warranty takes effect 150 days and 8,000 driven miles after the online registration process. Go to www.castrolcrew.com/warranty to complete the registration process. The warranty period is defined in section III below.
A vehicle is eligible for this warranty if it is a privately-owned passenger car, van or pickup/light truck with a GVWR of -10,000 pounds or less; and if:
This warranty also extends to such vehicles when leased by an individual and the lessee primary obligated for repairs. Said vehicle covered both during the term of the lease and after purchase by lessee.
Castrol LEC members who participate in the Castrol Warranty will be eligible to receive 25 Castrol Credits upon registration. See Castrol LEC Terms and Conditions for complete program details.
This warranty does not cover vehicles used for commercial, off road, agriculture, or farming purposes.
- The vehicle must be registered before 100,000 miles and less than 6 years since the in-service date.
- You can provide proof of service showing that the oil was changed as recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer during the period between the in-service date and the date of this application.
- If the vehicle has less than 18,000 miles, the oil changes must be performed in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations for applicable driving conditions.
- If the vehicle has between 18,000 miles and 100,000 miles, the oil changes must be performed in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations for severe driving conditions.
- The vehicle has a valid inspection sticker in the states where inspections are mandatory and has no pre-existing conditions.
This warranty is provided for the Castrol motor oil products listed below and the periods specified.
If you use GTX or switch between GTX, GTX High Mileage, Synthetic Blend, SYNTEC or EDGE, this warranty lasts until the earlier of:
- The end of eight years from the first day the vehicle was put in service, or
- Until the date on which the vehicle is driven for 150,000 miles.
Castrol SYNTHETIC Blend or Castrol GTX High Mileage:
If you use a Castrol Synthetic Blend or Castrol GTX High Mileage exclusively after registration, this warranty lasts until the earlier of:
- The end of ten years from the first day the vehicle was put in service, or
- Until the date on which the vehicle is driven for 250,000 miles
If you use SYNTEC exclusively after registration, this warranty lasts until the earlier of:
- The end of fifteen years from the first day the vehicle was put in service, or
- Until the date on which the vehicle is driven for 350,000 miles
If you use EDGE exclusively after registration, this warranty lasts until the earlier of:
You must maintain brand and type consistently for warranty level to remain in effect, otherwise a lesser warranty level will apply.
- The end of fifteen years from the first day the vehicle was put in service, or
- Until the date on which the vehicle is driven for 500,000 miles
OIL CHANGE REQUIREMENTS
To keep this warranty valid, you must comply with all of the following requirements:
- The vehicle engine must be serviced with the proper type and brand of Castrol motor oil, exclusively
- The motor oil in the vehicle must be changed in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations for the Automotive Petroleum Institute (API) quality and driving conditions that apply (refer to your Owner's Manual) for the vehicle in service date prior to registering for Castrol coverage and then as required herein for Castrol oils. Under no circumstances, however, shall the intervals between motor oil changes exceed the requirements listed below:
Failure to comply voids this engine warranty. Keep motor oil / filter purchase or service receipts as proof-of-purchase.
- Castrol GTX every 4 months or 4,000 miles, which ever comes first.
- Castrol GTX HM or Castrol Synthetic Blend every 5 months or 5,000 miles, which ever comes first.
- Castrol SYNTEC every 6 months or 6,000 miles, which ever comes first.
- Castrol EDGE every 6 months or 6,000 miles, which ever comes first.
- The motor oil used must be appropriate viscosity grade based on ambient conditions.
- The oil filter and air cleaner element must be replaced in accordance with the Manufacturer's recommendations and engine coolant replaced as per factory requirements.
- In the event of a claim, you must provide BP Lubricants USA Inc. with Castrol oil change receipts or Castrol Motor oil purchase receipts along with satisfactory evidence that all of the requested services referred to in Section IV were performed. IMPORTANT: You must retain copies of all motor oil purchases or service repair receipts to collect on a claim under this warranty. These receipts must satisfactorily show that Castrol Motor oil was used; the mileage and date each time the motor oil was used; the mileage and date each time the motor oil was put into the vehicle; and the time and date that other services referred to in Section IV were performed.
Castrol has a forgiveness policy allowing you one “exception” if you don't change your oil within 1,000 miles of the specific threshold for your Castrol Motor Oil coverage to keep your vehicle under warranty
The only claims not covered under the Castrol program are the result of: collision/accident; fire, water or flood damage; overheating; negligent or intentional damage; timing belt or chain failure; improper oil selection, service or maintenance; defect attributable to the vehicle manufacturer; improper installation of any part; coolant contamination; or failure to keep the motor oil and engine coolant at levels prescribed by the manufacturer.
Only the following listed engine parts are covered:
BP Lubricants/Castrol is not responsible for any other engine components on the vehicle nor any other vehicle components other than what is listed here.
- Pistons & Rings
- Turbo Bearings
- Timing Chains
- Cylinder Lining or Bore
- Oil Pump
- Rods & Rod Bearings
- Balance Shafts & Push Rods
- Cam Shaft & Bearings
- Crankshaft & Bearings
- Valve Lifters
- Rocker Arms & Pivots
- Distributor Drive Gear
- Wrist Pins & Bushings
- Timing Gear or Sprockets
- Valve Stems & Guides(Grinding adjustments excluded)
Your guarantee is not transferable. If you sell the vehicle, the new owner will not be able to participate automatically. He/she must register the vehicle.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
- The payment of claims under this warranty is limited to the time needed to make the necessary repairs or to effect the replacement of any irreparably damaged engine part listed above as allocated by Chilton's Flat Rate Guide or other auto industry accepted flat rate time guides (x) the commercial repair shop's posted hourly labor rate, plus (+) the reasonable cost of a replaced engine part of like kind and quality.
- In no event shall the liability of BP Lubricants USA Inc. exceed the fair market value of the covered vehicle or $5,000.00. Vehicles with a starting odometer mileage above 75,000 miles when registered only have coverage of 50% or a maximum of $2,500.00 per claim.
- Any existing manufacturer warranty will be applied before Castrol pays for repairs.
- Any manufacturers' warranty, which can typically cover your engine beyond 3 years/30,000 miles, or extended service contract would be applied first. Castrol will work with participants to understand if they are covered by other agreements first. If they are not covered by the manufacturer, then Castrol initiates the coverage.
This warranty is subject to all of the following conditions and exclusions:
- It does not cover vehicles modified for, or used in, competitive events.
- It only covers factory-installed or OEM-specified engine parts.
- It does not cover claims that are the result of collision, negligent or intentional abuse, improper service or maintenance, defect in manufacture, improper installation of any part, coolant contamination, or the failure to keep the motor oil and engine coolant at the levels prescribed by the manufacturer, or conditions existing on the date of this application. BP Lubricants USA Inc will not refuse payment for such claims that otherwise comply with the
terms of this warranty, unless it demonstrates in good faith, one or more of these causes resulted in the damage claimed.
- It does not cover claims also covered by the vehicle manufacturer's warranty.
- This warranty is void if at the time you apply for this warranty, your vehicle had in excess of 100,000 miles.
- Castrol limited engine warranty does not cover diesel engines calling for API CJ-4, CI-4 or any API C Category oil.
- This warranty excludes severe service applications such as frequent towing and hauling, racing, dirty conditions and extreme idling. If your vehicle is covered by a warranty, follow your car manufacturer's recommended oil change / service intervals, which can be found in your owner's manual.
FILING A CLAIM
Procedure to follow in the event of a claim under this warranty:
However, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. In addition, this warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Any warranty repairs may be made by the new car dealer from whom the vehicle the purchased/leased or in the repair shop of your choice. In all cases, you must notify BP Lubricants USA Inc. of a claim prior to having any repairs made by calling 1-888-CASTROL or writing to:
Claims must be made to BP Lubricants USA Inc. and not to or through a dealer or distributor.
BP Lubricants USA Inc.
Castrol Engine Warranty Headquarters
Castrol Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 485
Lewiston, NY 14092
You must provide BP Lubricants USA Inc. with all of the following:
- A copy of your Castrol warranty coverage;
- Copies of all service repair orders that will verify compliance with the terms of the warranty;
- A copy of the current vehicle registration card
- Complete statement of damage and repair cost.
- Upon request, a sample of the motor oil in the crankcase and relevant engine parts at the time the claimed damage was discovered. Non Castrol oils will not be covered under this agreement.
- If it is apparent that the damage claim is covered by this warranty and you have complied with all of its terms, we will approve the claim payment after repairs are completed. BP Lubricants USA Inc. has limited responsibilities under this warranty, specifically to the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged engine parts listed above in accordance with Section “VII” above.